|Functionality||Driver Required?||More Info|
|Currently Testing||Yes||GitHub Issue|
Videos Related to this Card
There are no videos for this card yet.
Description and Notes
From @shayne on GitHub:
I’ve pulled together the hardware and software required to run the SIM8200EA (8200) modem on a CM4 platform using the Waveshare CM4-DUAL-ETH-4G/5G-BASE (Base Board).
- CM4-DUAL-ETH-4G/5G-BASE - Base board and case
- CM4008000 - RaspberryPi
- SIM8200EA_M2 - 5G modem
- OpenWrt 21.02.3 - custom compiled with qmi_wwan_simcom 8200 specific driver support
- Standard QMI connection via OpenWrt proto (i.e. not using simcom-cm dialer binary)
- Modified qmi_wwan.c (adds support for 8200, ✅ using in my setup)
- SIMCOM provided driver: qmi_wwan_simcom.c
- Kernel config patch
- I’ve experienced speeds in excess of 600mbps down and 400mbps up! example speedtest
- Connection has maintained for several days now, seems solid?
See the GitHub issue for more information and updates.
Buy this Card
If you'd like to purchase this card, it helps me out if you use the following product link: