|Functionality||Driver Required?||More Info|
|Currently Testing||Yes||GitHub Issue|
Videos Related to this Card
There are no videos for this card yet.
Description and Notes
From @shayne on GitHub:
I’ve pulled together the hardware and software required to run the SIM8200EA (8200) modem on a CM4 platform using the Waveshare CM4-DUAL-ETH-4G/5G-BASE (Base Board).
- OpenWrt 21.02.3 - custom compiled with qmi_wwan_simcom 8200 specific driver support
- Standard QMI connection via OpenWrt proto (i.e. not using simcom-cm dialer binary)
- Modified qmi_wwan.c (adds support for 8200, ✅ using in my setup)
- SIMCOM provided driver: qmi_wwan_simcom.c
- Kernel config patch
- I’ve experienced speeds in excess of 600mbps down and 400mbps up! example speedtest
- Connection has maintained for several days now, seems solid?
See the GitHub issue for more information and updates.